Our bases and foundations are built to the same high specifications by the same builders every time to ensure the quality is consistent and that your conservatory will stand the test of time.
We will do the following:
- Remove any existing building, base, shrubs or trees (at an agreed additional cost).
- Excavate trench fill concrete foundations to a minimum of 400mm wide x 600mm deep below ground subject to site conditions.
- Prepare a base of 100mm compacted hardcore with a layer of sand blinding to protect 1200 gauge polythene damp proof membrane. Infill with 100mm deep trowel finish concrete with 50mm Jablite.
- Single skin semi-engineering bricks to external perimeter of conservatory to extend one course below ground level and two courses above.
- A 50mm sand and cement screed can be specified and finished with a trowelled smooth finish (at an agreed additional cost).
- If piling is required, we will employ an independent engineer to design and specify the construction details (at an agreed additional cost).
- Build cavity walls to an overall thickness of 260mm in brick or block construction or approximately 300mm in stone effect blocks.
- External walls in brick, stone effect or rendered concrete blocks.
- Internal walls in brick or plastered thermal concrete blocks.
- Cavity wall insulated with 50mm insulation.
- Walls constructed to a specified height from internal finished floor level.
- Full damp proof coursing is installed with a damp proof membrane.
- New bricks will be used to match existing as closely as possible. If more expensive bricks are specified they will be charged at cost.
- Reclaimed bricks can be used in the wall construction if required. Customer to provide bricks as free issue to Formula One.